For Your Comfort
We know that having dental work can be uncomfortable. That’s why we go the extra mile to put you at ease and help you relax. It’s also why we provide options to help alleviate dental anxiety.
We think a trip to the dentist should be nothing to fear.
“Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work”
William Arthur Ward
William Arthur Ward
Relaxation & Comfort Aids
- If you begin to feel chilly after lying back for a while – and many people do – we have soft blankets available in every room. There’s something psychologically comforting about being tucked in with a cozy blanket, as well.
- Pillows and beanbags are available to support your head, neck, or back. A bolster under your knees can do wonders for relieving lower back pressure.
- Our dental chairs have built-in lower back massagers you can use during your treatment. Not only can this help you relax, but it might even distract you from the dentistry!
- Music is another wonderful distraction. That’s why we have office iPods programmed with a wide variety of music and podcasts. You can tune into those and tune out the sounds of dental work.
- After keeping your mouth open a while, your lips can get quite dry. So before starting work, we provide a lip balm before we begin work: lanolin, hydrogen borate, and coconut oil. A surprising number of patients say they’ve never had a dentist do this before!
- Do you have a strong gag reflex or sensitive teeth? We have cetacaine rinse you can swish around your mouth to help make your teeth and gums less sensitive to the work being done in your mouth.
- Our TENS unit – a physical therapy device that gently stimulates the nerves where placed – is for far more than just TMJ treatment. Patients have told us that it lets them keep their mouth open longer with less discomfort – and that there’s less aching after a long treatment, as well.
Solutions for Dental Anxiety
- Rescue Remedy is a homeopathic preparation of four flower extracts that’s well-known for reducing anxiety. If you’re a little nervous, we can provide this at no charge. Just a few drops in water for you to drink, and you should soon find yourself feeling a little more mellow.
- Need a little stronger sedation? We also have nitrous oxide (laughing gas). Not only is it great for easing anxiety and pain; it alters time perception, so you become less concerned about the duration of your appointment. The whole dental experience goes much more smoothly, yet the effects wear off after just a few minutes of oxygen once your work is done. You’re legal to drive immediately after.
Got any questions?
Please feel free to call our office today at 970-249-2077.
One of our friendly staff will be happy to help you.